Well after 2 1/2 weeks Ava was finally introduced to the Robinson right of passage that is the "baby shower." When Taylor was a baby my friend Deawn recommended that we stick her in the shower with one of us to bathe her, as it is much easier and they don't get cold like they do in a tub. Until she got too squirmy, that was exactly how we did it too. So, needless to say, once we got a green light from our pediatrician to give Ava a real bath we decided to go the shower route once again. Seriously, to all my friends with tiny babies - try this. As an added bonus, if your bambino decides to poop during the washtime (as ours always did/do), you don't have to drain any water or start over!
Seriously, I'm beginning to feel a strong sense of deja vu with a lot of our pictures of Ava. I guess I'm not creative enough to do new and exciting things with my second kid.
Don't worry, just like Taylor did, Ava took to the showering thing much better than trying to do a "tub" bath in the sink. This kid just has a major aversion to being naked (not a bad quality for a girl....), probably because she doesn't like being cold.
Now, it puts the lotion on its skin....... This is usually where she starts getting pissed off. Again, I think its the whole, "I'm naked and cold" thing.
That's right, my hair is awesome! Blue steel baby!
Not to be left out, Taylor began begging for a piggyback ride the minute poor Jody handed Ava off.
See? This is just one of the five million reasons I couldn't have picked a better baby-daddy. After a ten hour, kick your ass workday Jody still happily carts his giant daughter around even though he'd rather be conked out in bed.
So last night after everyone was fed and successfully bathed, the next step was bedtime. I had to laugh to myself because I was the only Robinson in the house that was awake past 7:45 last night. Gah, we are getting old!
And this next pic has nothing to do whatsoever with the topic at hand, it was just a cute snap I managed to get on the way to daycare today.

No comments:
Post a Comment