Yesterday we had Ava's two-week checkup. I was a little nervous, when we took her in the previous week she was down 6 oz from her birth weight, and she hasn't really picked up the pace much on her eating (The lactation Nazi at the hospital was very concerned because she only nurses for five minutes on each side. She seemed to think my kid was going to starve at that rate.), plus to boot she's been spitting up a lot more lately. Holy cow, was I wrong. Ava's already chunked up to a respectable 9 lbs 6 oz! Either she's an "efficient nurser" or I'm producing milk that's just barely lighter than heavy cream. Considering my diet (Those of you that have been to dinner at our place know how I love my whole fat dairy products, especially butter.), I'm guessing its the latter. Hmmm, maybe that's why I'm not shedding this weight as quickly as I'd like......
I'm nothing if not well fed...........
Also, the doctor was rather impressed with her development thus far. She is freakishly strong like Taylor was, and is already trying to lift her head up on her own.
RAAAAAAAWR!
As far as Taylor goes, she's starting to adjust, and I think she's figured out that Ava's not just here on a visit. We have had a few setbacks, including major meltdowns, that seem to be the result of jealousy, and maybe even a little insecurity. Taylor wanted to sleep in our bed for a couple of nights, but wanted us to lay down and sleep with her until she fell asleep.
Yeah, like there's going to be any sleeping with these two in the same room.
After she was soundly asleep (or so we thought), I tried to sneak her back into her bed which only resulted in her waking up and being uber-pissed at me for even daring to attempt such a dastardly deed.
So, we've been trying to give Taylor a little extra attention, as well as making her days as fun as possible.
Sidewalk chalk is always a winner.
No comments:
Post a Comment