Friday, July 29, 2011

Reflux Round Two

After all the hell we went through surviving the first few weeks of Taylor's reflux, one of my greatest hopes for Ava was that we would circumvent that condition altogether. But, just like that gut feeling I had the minute I knew I was pregnant that it would be another girl, I also knew deep down that we would be repeating the same dance steps with reflux that we did with Taylor.

I'm telling you, I could start my own psychic hotline with skills like this. We have once again started on the slow escalator to hell, it began last week with some night crying triggered by stomach pain (once you've seen a baby with a tummy ache, its pretty easy to spot) followed in the coming days by increasing amounts of barf. And now, here we are at the crossroads once again. Poor Ava is feeding well, only to barf it all back up and be pissed off and hungry again. Despite my best efforts, I'm about an inch away from throwing in the towel again with nursing and getting the poor kid on the magic formula that saved our lives last time. It sucks because I really didn't want to have to buy the crap this go-round, plus nursing hasn't been that god-awful this time either. And in reality, deep down I know this is probably our last baby and its harder to let go of the little things than it was the first time.

Anyhoo, I'll keep everyone posted on how this all comes out. Most likely I'll be reaching for the bottle (For Ava, not me. Ok for those of you that know me well, that wasn't that unlikely of an assumption and I'll forgive you this time.) in the next few days and call it done.


The burrito bambino contemplating life. The glow worm is a necessary crib item according to Taylor, whenever Ava cries, Taylor insists on turning it on and chunking it back in the crib. Not sure if she's trying to soothe her with the music or just knock her unconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment