Friday, July 15, 2011

Finding Our Groove

Ho-ly Hell. All I have to say is that one child is enough to wear you out, but two kids is absolutely exhausting. I realize its only our first week, but sheesh! We are all having a time trying to find our rhythm nowadays. I was very lucky to have my mom and stepdad come up and help out this week. Without their help, getting kids to/from school or accomplishing anything even remotely productive would have been impossible.

As far as the girls go, they are both doing great. Ava is starting to be more alert and awake than she was in the beginning, and from what I can see now it appears that she is going to be our serious child. She is always watching everything and has such a serious look about her whereas Taylor was the entertainer from day one. Taylor is still having a hard time with the whole "Big Sister" thing, and we still have a few meltdowns every day stemming from Ava's presence. I have faith she will eventually come around, however if anyone has any suggestions for speeding that process along PLEASE let us know.

And how are Jody and I? Well, between tantrums, poopy diapers (both large and small....), late night feedings, and trying to plan a do-over birthday party for Taylor, we are utterly exhausted. So if you hear of a couple of rogue zombies roaming the streets of Amarillo in the next few weeks, fear not. It's probably just us trying to find the coffee pot.


Checking out the floor gym. Not so sure about that yellow guy........


Lovie and Poppy brought all kinds of awesome birthday presents, including this tent.


Aunt Karen and Uncle Brian also sent some goodies, Taylor wasn't so sure about the wings though. I'm thinking her bug phobia might be playing a small part here.


Hitting McDonalds for a Happy Meal (complete with caffeinated Diet Coke that may as well have been labeled "Toddler Crack") before going to Jump N Jive.


Taylor had a blast playing with Daddy and Poppy. Daddy and Poppy had a blast jumping and climbing around like two overgrown kids.


Ava was checking out her big sister the whole time.


Our little daredevil zipping down the slide all by herself.


Ava taking her first nap in her crib! I have to say I'm stoked to have her in her own room, I think we're all going to sleep much better not having to listen to each other sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment