Last Saturday was supposed to be Taylor's second birthday party. However, seeing as how I went into labor Friday morning, we kinda scratched that idea altogether. Again it crossed my mind to just cancel the whole thing (at this age she really won't know whether or not we had a shindig), but once again, guilt won out and I decided to have a small do-over yesterday.
Let me just say this for the record - throwing a party in 100 degree weather one week after giving birth, not my brightest idea. Don't get me wrong, the kids all had a blast, and it was worth it in the end, but if I had it to do again I'm not so sure we wouldn't just go to Chuckie's and call it a day. In keeping true to form I sucked at remembering to take pictures, so there's not a big selection here. But trust me, Taylor loved hamming it up and being the center of attention. And if nothing else she got to be the center of the universe again for a few hours and that in itself is priceless.
Taylor and her cousins before the water extravaganza.
Kadey and Cambree having fun in the mighty pool.
Grandpa's girl. Poor Joe was soaked by the time she got done playing outside.
Not so sure about the sprinkler.......
Everyone likes to ride the bus, even if the bus is only a foot long.
Giving everyone a round of applause after we sang "Happy Birthday" to her.
No comments:
Post a Comment